Ainz’s newly formed Sorcerer Kingdom is facing some trouble. As he has no experience running a kingdom, Ainz is struggling to properly plan E-Rantel’s future. If you want to know what’s to come in Overlord Season 4 Episode 2, head down below.
Table of Contents
Overlord is an anime adaptation based on the light novel series written by Kugane Maruyama and illustrated by so-bin. The story revolves around an office worker in a dystopian world who, upon logging into a video game for the last time, finds that he, along with his entire guild, has been transported to a different reality.
Recap of Overlord Season 4 Episode 1
- The episode begins with Albedo’s love-crazed monologue about Ainz. Just like in previous seasons of Overlord, she goes on and on about Ainz’s greatness and supremacy.
- Albedo’s behavior has reached new levels after Ainz became ruler of the Sorcerer Kingdom in E-Rantel. Albedo’s feelings for Ainz have increased even more owing to the sense of duty she feels to work alongside the Supreme Ruler.
- She deals with public affairs, report preparation, and providing constructive feedback on suggestions from Nazarick residents.
- It’s not only Albedo though. Aura is also showing Ainz a different kind of affection. This results in some kind of quarrel between Aura and Albedo after Ainz offers Aura and Mare a seat on his lap.
- Meanwhile, we see that Ainz is dealing with issues regarding the Sorcerer Kingdom’s affairs. It’s evident that he is quite confused about public laws.
- Because Ainz is an ordinary salaryman in the real world, he doesn’t have the knowledge to deal with public laws. He can only suggest changes to Nazarick by sending his ideas anonymously along with the others.
- His ideas are terrible, however, as he suggests that everyone wear uniforms. Even Albedo comments that it’s a ridiculous suggestion, unaware that it actually came from Ainz.
- After Ainz became the new ruler, the kingdom is dealing with lack of resources. Merchants have also stopped replenishing the kingdom’s supplies.
- Fith, the NPC maid assigned to serve Ainz for the day, asks Ainz about the type of kingdom Ainz plans to build for E-Rantel.
- Ainz visits the Adventurer’s Guild because he doesn’t have any answers. After speaking with Ainzach, the guild master, he proposes to take the guild under his wing.
- Ainz suggests that during his reign, adventurers would go on actual journeys rather than the usual guild quests. Ainz wants to use the adventurers to explore new areas and establish friendly relations.
- Ainzach agrees to Ainz’s terms. This leads to Ainz realizing his answer to Fith and Pandora’s Actor. He finally realizes that he wants to provide eternal prosperity to Nazarick and the people of his kingdom, regardless of race, for the rest of his life.
Overlord Season 4 Episode 2 Release Date
Overlord Season 4 Episode 2 is set to be released on Tuesday, July 12, 2022.
Overlord Season 4 Episode 2 Spoilers
With the episode having just aired recently, and in the absence of any preview or spoilers, it is difficult to say what might happen in Episode 2. But, overall, fans are really happy with the first episode and how well managed the adaptation is.
Episode 1 really took time to flesh out and show off the characters. Ainz deciding to rule his kingdom with kindness is such a good defining moment for his character. So, fans hope that the rest of the season will successfully continue to capture the characters this well.
Where to Watch Overlord Season 4 Online?
You can watch the series on Crunchyroll.