The latest Boruto chapter has garnered massive emotional reactions from fans. This is largely because of Boruto’s noble sacrifice to protect his father and the rest of Konohagakure. Many readers are hugely moved by all that the young Uzumaki has had to go through.
Boruto has indeed grown and matured so much over the course of the series. After Chapter 66’s high tension Karma-fueled battle between Kawaki and Boruto who’s under Momoshiki’s control, what’s next to come? To find out more about Boruto Chapter 67, head down below.
Table of Contents
About Boruto manga
Written by Ukyō Kodachi and Masashi Kishimoto and illustrated by Mikio Ikemoto, the Boruto manga began monthly serialization in 2016. The manga is a spin-off and a sequel to Kishimoto’s Naruto. The plot centers around the exploits of Boruto Uzumaki, Naruto’s son and his ninja team.
Opening with a teenaged Boruto facing off Kawaki over the ruins of Hidden Leaf, the manga began as a retelling of the Boruto film, “Boruto: Naruto the Movie” along with added content. Facing a world completely unlike his father’s, and dealing with expectations of being the Hokage’s son, Boruto strives to carve his own path in the world and make a name for himself beyond his father’s influence.
Recap of Boruto Chapter 66
- Chapter 66 begins with us learning through Code’s conversation with Eida that while Amado presented Kawaki with a choice on whether to harness his Karma into a weapon, Kawaki actually never really had a say in the matter.
- Amado is aware of Kawaki’s desire to attain power to protect Naruto from threats. So he makes an irresistible offer to Kawaki because the only way Kawaki can gain such power is to obtain a key to access the power residing inside his Karma Mark and use that as a weapon.
- Although Kawaki ended up declining Amado’s offer, Amado had sneakily reconstructed Kawaki’s Karma Mark while he mended his arm. Amado seems to have some plan of his own where Kawaki and Boruto are all pawns in his game but his true intentions are not clear, both to the other characters and readers as well.
- With Amado’s role in this whole situation showcased briefly, the next scene of the chapter cuts to the fight between Kawaki and Boruto, who is once again under the control of Momoshiki Isshiki’s powers.
- Boruto under Momoshiki’s control comments on how Kawaki was able to reactivate his lost Karma as it is usually not possible.
- Naruto tries to stop Kawaki from landing a killing blow on Boruto, saying that despite Boruto’s attempts to kill him while he’s under Momoshiki’s influence, he is still his son.
- In a brief moment of clarity, Boruto regains control of his body because of the pills that Amado gave him and he pushes his father away.
- Desperately wanting to prevent Momoshiki’s plans from happening, Boruto tells Kawaki to go ahead with their last resort plan, and he lets himself be impaled through the heart.
- The chapter then ends with Naruto screaming his son’s name as Boruto lies on the ground unmoving with a huge hole in his chest.
Expectations of Boruto Chapter 67
- Despite being touched by Boruto’s moving sacrifice, many fans speculate that Boruto is not actually dead.
- He is the manga’s titular character after all, and we also know that the series’s opening involves a flash forward scene in the future where an older Boruto faces off against Kawaki.
- It’s very likely that Boruto will be somehow healed in the next chapter. Fans speculate that Naruto may find a way to share his life energy to keep his son alive. But the danger of Momoshiki taking control of his body might still loom overhead.
Release Date of Boruto Chapter 67
Boruto Chapter 67 is now scheduled to be released on Sunday, February 20, 2022.