Boruto Episode 231: Break Confirmed, New Release Date, Spoilers, Leaks
According to the series’ regular schedule, Boruto Episode 231 was supposed to have been released on January 2, 2022. However, the anime is on a one week break due to the New Year’s holiday.
This is not the first time the anime is taking a short break for the holiday season as it has happened the previous year too. Besides the new release date, we also have some important spoilers to share with you peeps! To find out all the details we know about Boruto Episode 231, head down below to read more.
Table of Contents
About the Anime and Plot
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the anime sequel to Naruto and the narrative centers on the titular character Boruto Uzumaki who is Naruto’s son. The anime depicts the life and adventures of Boruto as he joins a ninja team.
While he follows his father’s footsteps to become a great ninja, Boruto is also tremendously determined to leave his own mark in the ninja world and affirm his own greatness outside of his father’s shadow.
Read this: Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 171 Release Date and Speculations
Recap of Boruto Episode 230
- In Episode 230, the fight between Kurobane vs Kawaki and Mozuku takes a bad turn.
- Mozuku sacrifices himself to protect Kawaki. He ends up dying just like all his teammates.
- Mozuku’s death deeply affects Kawaki. Kawaki had promised Mozuku to safely escort both Mozuku himself and the cure to the Land of the Calm Seas. So he feels like he failed his mission.
- Boruto and Shikadai then show up at the scene to help Kawaki after Mozuku’s death greatly affects his emotional state.
- While earlier Kawaki didn’t take becoming a ninja seriously, he is now much interested in becoming a ninja. He even approaches Naruto to give him another chance even though he failed his recent mission.
- As for the problem in the Land of the Calm Seas, Naruto as Hokage cannot interfere in another territory’s political affairs and overthrow the Feudal Lord.
- So, he plans to send a medical team from Konoha to check up on the situation there and offer aid to the people.
- Also, this episode shows a bit of Kawaki bonding with Shikadai. Shikadai helps him cope with Mozuku’s death and to realize that death would always be a huge possibility in the field of work they engage in. The important thing was to simply move on and play their role to protect their home and loved ones.
Preview and Expectations of Boruto Episode 231
- The title of the upcoming episode is “The Rusty Sword”.
- The preview shows that in Episode 231, Team 15 will be going on a mission to apprehend some thieves. According to the victim of the thieves, there were sword marks left at the scene.
- So, since Tsubaki is a sword user, she will be of great help in deciphering some clues from the evidence.
- We also see Tsubaki revealing that the sword marks speak of someone with remarkable swordsmanship. So the culprit may be a samurai.
Leaks and Spoilers of Boruto Episode 231
Here are some exciting spoilers for fans about Boruto Episode 231!
- In the upcoming episode, we’re getting a new opening theme song and a new ending theme song. The new ending theme song is titled ‘Voltage’ by Japanese pop singer Anly. And the new opening 10 will be done by the Japanese rock band FLOW.
- You can confirm this news by checking both the official Twitter accounts of the artists as they have posted similar announcements.
- More major spoilers are available regarding Boruto Episode 231 summary from a source on Reddit. The original source comes from a synopsis that was first published in Animedia Magazine.
- The evidence Tsubaki will find in this episode may be related to the Samurai from her hometown in the Iron Country.
- Tsubaki also ends up recognizing one of the culprit’s marks and she cannot hide her trembling and feelings about this discovery.
- The suspect seems to be someone who used to train with Tsubaki under the same master, perhaps a more senior disciple.
Read also: Fire Force Chapter 297 Release Date and Speculations
Release Date of Boruto Episode 231
Boruto Episode 231 is now scheduled to release on Sunday, January 9th, 2022.
Where to Watch Boruto
You can watch Boruto Episode 231 on Crunchyroll or AnimeLab. It is also available on Funimation.