Another high stakes action packed episode and fans absolutely can’t wait to see what happens in Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 16. The last episode ended on a major cliffhanger with Tanjiro charging in and about to nearly decapitate Gyutaro. Will he and the rest of the demon slayers manage to take down this upper rank demon?
Table of Contents
About Demon Slayer
Based on the manga series by Koyoharu Gotouge, the anime follows teenage Tanjiro Kamado whose goal is to become a demon slayer after his entire family gets slaughtered, except his younger sister Nezuko who turned into a demon.
Recap of Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 15
- The episode begins with Tanjiro putting a sleeping Nezuko inside her box before he goes to help Tengen.
- We also see Tengen revealing to Gyutaro that he comes from a line of shinobi so he’s become resistant. That explains why poison doesn’t work on him.
- But it seems like Tengen is putting on a brave face. Not only is he trying to convince his enemies but also himself that he’s alright. And Gyutaro realizes this lie too as he says that the poison is indeed affecting Tengen- slowly but surely.
- Tengen outright denies this and then, we see him cutting off Daki’s head. Even though he’s wounded, Tengen’s power still shines through as he holds onto the tip of his sword while fighting Gyutaro, which shows his insane grip strength.
- Meanwhile, Daki is livid that she’s always the one being beheaded.
- It is here that Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke all arrive in the scene as backup.
- Tengen proudly declares that they, as Demon Slayers, are going to win this fight. He also praises the three boys as his brilliant Tsugoku and compliments their relentless grit. Tanjiro sees a little bit of Rengoku’s indomitable spirit in Tengen during this scene.
- Daki then attempts to attack Tengen and Tanjiro from behind. Zenitsu is quick to move and blocks her attack. Inosuke also joins Zenitsu on the rooftop to fight Daki.
- Zenitsu tells Daki to apologize to the girl she hurt by pulling her ear. However, Daki replies that women are treated like merchandise in the district and as the Oiran, she could do as she pleased because she was the main breadwinner of the house.
- When she looks up at Zenitsu, a third eye appears on Daki’s forehead. It is then revealed that her brother has given Daki one of his eyes, making her even more powerful now.
- As Zenitsu and Inosuke deal with Daki on the rooftop, Tengen and Tanjiro prepare to battle it out with Gyutaro. As the two fight Gyutaro, Hinatsuru suddenly appears on one of the rooftops and launches several blades laced with Wisteria extract towards Gyutaro.
- One of the blades hit Gyutaro’s neck, making him numb. And while he’s temporarily distracted, he suddenly notices that Tanjiro is about to decapitate him.
Leaks and Spoilers of Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 16
- The title of the upcoming episode is “Defeating an Upper Rank Demon”.
- From the very title itself, it’s evident that the demon slayers will manage to defeat the brother-sister demon duo.
- In the next episode, we’ll see Tanjiro decapitating Gyutaro on the ground just as Zenitsu and Inosuke also decapitate Daki up on the rooftop.
- So, through a rapid turn of events, they successfully decapitate both demons. Daki first disintegrates and as Gyutaro does the same, he recalls their lives before becoming demons and just then, Daki shows up in her human form as Ume asking where they’re going next and to take her along with him.
- At first, Gyutaro denies her but Ume embraces him and apologizes for the harsh words she said earlier before disintegrating.
- She says that they’re siblings and should never let go of each other. So, the pair depart for the after life together, with Gyutaro carrying Daki on his back, like he’s always done.
Release Date of Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 16
Demon Slayer Season 2 Episode 16 is scheduled to be released on Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Where to Watch?