The battle between the Heeters and Goku, Vegeta and Granolah, especially Granolah continues. In the last chapter, we saw the fight between Granolah and Gas. This chapter shows us the ongoing Granolah vs Gas and reveals what Gas is truly capable of. Here’s all you need to know about Dragon Ball Super Chapter 81.
Table of Contents
About Dragon Ball Super
Dragon Ball Super is the latest ongoing installment of the franchise that started with the original Dragon Ball in 1984. Written by Akira Toriyama and illustrated by Toyotarou, the plot centers on the adventures of Goku and friends during the ten-year time skip after the defeat of Majin Buu.
Recap of Dragon Ball Super Chapter 80
- In the latest release, we get to see a new form of Gas.
- Chapter 80 shows the ongoing battle between Gas and Granolah where Gas takes a major hit. It seems like Gas is struggling and Granolah has the upper hand, at least initially.
- But then, things suddenly change when Elec, the leader of the Heeters, removes his headband, which has been sealing his full power.
- The other members of the gang are visibly scared of what’s going to happen as there’s the possibility of losing one’s mind. But Elec goes ahead with his move and unseals Gas and taps into Gas’ true power.
- This is when Gas’s transformation takes place. Soon after, Monaito, Planet Cereal’s Namekian, talks about the form as essentially being Gas’s last resort. The chapter then goes on to show the villain bursting out in an almost unstoppable rage.
- Overall, the form isn’t drastically different from Gas’s normal look since he became the universe’s strongest fighter. But there are some marked differences when it comes to his physique and his eyes. Some fans have even termed this his “berserker” form.
- At the end of the chapter, we see Gas combining this berserker form with his original powered-up form. Dragon Ball Super Chapter 80 then actually showcases two new looks for Gas.
- Also, the chapter reveals the truth about Goku’s father, Bardock. Though he may be weaker than fans expected, he is undoubtedly a tactical genius who is able to defeat enemies far stronger than him. He not only held his own against Gas but also caused the villain to lose control and transform into a berserker – and still beat him.
What Can Happen in Dragon Ball Super Chapter 81?
- The chapter ends with Elec commanding Gas to finish them off and calls him “little brother”. This revelation shows that they’re related by blood. Does this then mean that Elec can also transform?
- Now that Elec has unsealed Gas and unleashed Gas’ true strength on Granolah and the others, it’s going to get very tough for our heroes.
- Most likely, an entire team of Goku, Vegeta and Granolah together will be needed to defeat this new max power Gas. We’ll have to wait and find out what happens next month.
Release Date of Dragon Ball Super Chapter 81
Dragon Ball Super Chapter 81 is scheduled to be released on Sunday, February 20, 2022. The release schedule of this manga is on a monthly basis.