The previous chapter showed how everybody is coping in the aftermath of Isao’s death. Kikoru is taking the loss especially hard as she blames herself for not being strong enough to protect her father.
The chapter ends with Kafka resolving to completely defeat #9. If you’re curious about Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 55, head down below to find out all the details about release date and expectations.
Table of Contents
About Kaiju No. 8
Created by Naoya Matsumoto, the story of the series Kaiju No. 8 centers on the life of Kafka Hibino, a mere member of the clean up crew of the Japanese Defense Force tasked with killing monsters known as Kaiju. He suddenly acquires the ability to transform into a monster himself, thus earning the name “Kaiju No. 8” which the Defense Force calls him. He is able to keep his consciousness undisturbed and in control while he transforms, but he also gains superhuman strength, thus becoming the first monster to escape the Defense Force.
Recap of Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 54
- The chapter begins with an image of the destruction in the aftermath of the fight between Kaiju No. 8 and Kaiju No. 9. Kikoru is laying on the ground, passed out and Kaiju No. 9 is long gone. Kafka changes back to his human self and stares at the debris.
- He recalls what No. 9 said- that the next time he makes a move would mark the era of Kaijus. This angers Kafka immensely and we see him scream his frustration out as he questions why No. 9 had to say that when he had the chief’s face on.
- After two days, Isao’s death is announced to the public. The chapter also shows how everyone is dealing with this news. Not limited to the public, the Defense Force is the one most impacted with grief.
- The captains of other divisions from division second to fourth are also gathered to pay their respects at the funeral. Kafka notices Kikoru is not present. Elsewhere, we see Kikoru devastated at the loss of her father.
- She’s all in tears when Gin approaches her. Blaming herself for not having managed to save her father and for letting #9 escape, She says she was too slow and that she was unable to save him owing to her weakness.
- When Gin starts to console her, she suddenly confesses that she wants to get stronger and that she’ll properly mourn her father’s death only after they defeat #9.
- Gin tells her that he’ll make her the strongest, second only to him. He further adds that she better keep up her zeal and show concrete results. If so, he’d overlook her absence from the service.
- Then, we see Kafka outside eavesdropping on the conversation. He’s enraged as he walks off after hearing the two, and he looks at his fist and sees it transforming into that of Kaiju No. 8. He vows to seriously harm #9.
What Can Happen in Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 55?
- It seems that Kafka is slowly changing into a Kaiju. It will be an exciting reveal to see what happens with Kafka’s evolution.
- Also, the important question is who exactly will be the one that kills Kaiju No. 9. Is it going to be Kafka, Kikoru or Gin?
Release Date of Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 55
Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 55 is scheduled to release on Thursday, January 13, 2022.
Where to Read Kaiju No. 8 Chapter 55?