Boruto Episode 233 features Kawaki as Team 7’s newly appointed member. This episode’s mission is not an easy one as a new mysterious villain shows up and seems to be behind the terror attack at the ceremony Katasuke and Team 7 are attending.
Boruto also meets his friend Kagura but their reunion is quickly disturbed by unexpected events. What’s in store for Boruto Episode 234? Read on to find out everything we know about the upcoming episode!
Table of Contents
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is the anime sequel to Naruto and the narrative centers on the titular character Boruto Uzumaki who is Naruto’s son. The anime depicts the life and adventures of Boruto as he joins a ninja team.
While he follows his father’s footsteps to become a great ninja, Boruto is also tremendously determined to leave his own mark in the ninja world and affirm his own greatness outside of his father’s shadow.
Read this: Boruto Chapter 67: Release Date and Spoilers
Recap of Boruto Episode 233
- The episode begins with a scene involving a mysterious man called Isari. He has a conversation with the Governor and the Governor offers a deal where Isari can reign over the seas while the Governor reigns on land.
- After the Governor leaves, Isari doesn’t seem pleased with the arrangement. He asks his subordinate Jibiki if he thinks this ocean is beautiful and the latter replies that he doesn’t. Isari then agrees, commenting that it can hardly be called an ocean and that its true form should be a raging ocean.
- Isari declares that all the oceans of the world will soon return to their true forms. The scene then ends with Isari calling out to an array of ships in the dark and commanding them to depart.
- The next scene then cuts to Team 7 in the Hokage’s office along with Kawaki. Naruto says that Kawaki will be joining Team 7.
- Their mission involves escorting Katasuke to the Hidden Mist village. Katasuke arrives just then and tells them that he has been invited to the unveiling of the Hidden Mist’s newest power system.
- Boruto is bored thinking that this is just like any other regular mission. But turns out there’s more to it as Shikamaru reveals that they received an anonymous information hinting at a possible terrorist attack at the ceremony.
- Since it’s Kawaki’s first time at sea, he’s initially very excited but his energy quickly dissipates as he comes down with a bout of seasickness.
- Sarada comments that this is their first time visiting Hidden Mist since their Academy field trip. Boruto is also looking forward to seeing his friend Kagura during this trip.
- When they arrive at their destination, Kawaki goes off on his own to rest. Meanwhile, the rest of them head to the ceremony.
- Sarada comments that Denki and his team are also currently on a mission in the same place as them. Katasuke adds that he sent his subordinates there ahead of him and that after the ceremony, he’ll soon be joining them too.
- Katasuke, fascinated with the impressive technology there, keeps making detours on their way to the venue of the ceremony. When they reach the venue, Katasuke is quickly allowed inside with his invitation card but the rest are told to wait outside.
- As they wait, Boruto goes off on his own to search for Kagura. This is when he notices an ongoing protest against new developments on the land.
- He questions a guard standing there about Kagura and learns that Kagura has been promoted and is now a special advisor who reports directly to the Mizukage. Currently, he’s working as the warden of the prison.
- After learning this, he goes back and meets up with the others. He tells them Kagura’s new job as a prison warden and expresses his disappointment in not being able to visit his friend as the prison is quite far away.
- Katasuke then says that he also wanted to go check out their state-of-the-art prison and it would be great if someone could go in his place.
- This is Katasuke’s way of giving Boruto a chance to go visit his friend. Kawaki also arrives just then and tells Boruto to go as he can take his place now that he’s feeling better.
- When Boruto arrives at the prison, he spends a good while reuniting and catching up with Kagura who is delighted to see him. They also talk about why Kagura chose to work in the prison.
- Kagura reveals that some members of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen from their academy field trip arc are being held in this prison. He says that Shizuma escaped and even killed his predecessor. Hassaku and Oniyuzu who helped him escape were caught and are now kept in separate prisons.
- He further reveals that the ones being kept here didn’t participate in the escape plan. These are Buntan, Hebiichigo and Kyoho. Boruto asks Kagura if he trusts them and if they’re the reason he became this prison’s warden.
- To this, Kagura replies that he wishes to transform the Hidden Mist into a wonderful village like the Leaf one day. To do this, he says they need to nurture people more and not only prioritize technology or the economy.
- With this statement, it seems Kagura wishes to nurture the three captured members back into normal society.
- The episode then ends on a bad note as there’s obvious trouble brewing. While Team 7 and Katasuke wait in line for Boruto to return in time for their departure, the first airship that includes the VIPs of the ceremony and the Feudal Lord’s son explodes and catches fire, then crashes to the ground.
- We then see Isari out at sea sitting on a rock amid the waterbody as he observes the explosion. The episode ends after he comments, “It’s started”.
Preview and Spoilers of Boruto Episode 234
- The title of Boruto Episode 234 is “The Unleashed Villain”.
- The preview trailer of Episode 234 shows that someone has infiltrated the prison. Boruto asks Kagura if he thinks that this infiltration is connected with the airship terror attack. Kagura replies that it’s valid to think so.
- But Kagura is baffled at how the prison could be related to this entire situation. We then see him asking Boruto to help him figure this case out to which Boruto obviously agrees.
- From the visuals of the preview, it seems evident that Isari and another mysterious man are the ones behind both the prison infiltration and the airship terror attack. This also seems related to the three remaining Swordsmen kept captive in the prison.
Release Date of Boruto Episode 234
Boruto Episode 234 is scheduled to be released on Sunday, January 30, 2022.
Where to Watch?