Home Movies Constantine's Director REALLY Want to Make a Sequel With Keanu Reeves

Constantine’s Director REALLY Want to Make a Sequel With Keanu Reeves

2005 film Constantine is approaching its 15th anniversary. Director Francis Lawrence, Keanu Reeves and producer Akiva Goldsman all share a keen interest in creating a direct sequel to the film that first brought John Constantine to the big screen.

Lawrence explained how Reeves and Goldsman wanted to make a sequel which would be “responsible, highly R-rated film”. He told the idea of ​​a “limited” expansion to the movie, which would have cost less than the original what he thought would be PG-13 certified. The film will eventually be R-rated.

Keanu-Reeves-in-Constantine.jpg

Directors revealed that the sequel had been in development for a few years. Still, there were problems with the direction, Lawrence continues, “The idea of ​​a personal story is really interesting, and it’s a difficult thing to do.” He explained that Reeves and Goldsman have recently been discussing the idea of a sequel, motivated by the cult-following surrounding the 2005 film.

Related:

Marvel May Have Found the Role To Bring Keanu Reeves to the MCU

Lawrence shared how any of the sequel projects will be more difficult because of DC shared universes. He noted how different creative teams have different ideas for roles. But when Keanu Reeves is with you, it’s like another kind of Constantine, and we want to make another Constantine and people are like, ‘Uh, no, we’ve got other projects.’ We’ll see what happens.

Constantine.jpg

Acknowledging Reeves’ continued popularity and recent success in franchises such as John Wick, Lawrence has been working diligently to create interest in the Reeves-led sequel but has never been successful despite Reeves’ value and continued interest.

Related:

Keanu Reeves Has Been Approached To Join Fast and Furious Franchise

Their interest in returning to Constantine may be made even more difficult after recent reports suggest that Warner Bros. and DC are working on a new live-action John Constantine film, which could be made by J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Production Company. The proposed film is said to resemble HBO Max’s upcoming Justice League Dark series.

Advertisement




Nandan Kumarhttps://thenewsfetcher.com
Nandan is the Talent Manager at The News Fetcher. He ravenously feasts on all things sweet and talks at length about share market. This day-dreamer either fills himself with new business ideas every day or consumes a copious amount of Rick and Morty. There's no in-between.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

How Johansson And Pugh Felt Upon Black Widow Getting Delayed?

Marvel's Black Widow was originally set to premiere in U.S. theatres on May 1, 2020, but like so many films this year, the date...

This Is What Motivated Ray Fisher To Speak Out Against Joss Wheadon

It appears as though Warner Bros. is moving full steam ahead with Zack Snyder's version of Justice League, investing up to an additional $70 million...

Are You All Geared Up For Halloween 2020?

With the advent of Halloween, the whole occidental world is on fire. With lamps, pumpkins, and classy costumes, people have left the world as...

Narcos: Mexico Season 3 Confirmed: Everything We Know

It’s official – Narcos: Mexico is returning for a third season, marking the sixth entry in the franchise following three outings for...